SACP Red October Campaign 2015-2016 launch statement delivered by the GS Cde Blade Nzimande
This year the focus of our Red October Campaign we are launching today is twofold: transformation of the financial sector and the media. Therefore, our theme for the 2015/2016 Red October Campaign is also twofold: “Transform the financial sector and build banks which will serve the people! Free the media!” This campaign will be based on our principled programme to “Unite the working class, our communities, and our movement!"
Media Transformation Summit Declaration
The South African Communist Party co-ordinated and hosted, working together with media industry interested stakeholders, a national media transformation summit in Kempton Park on 2 and 3 October 2015 to discuss challenges facing transformation in the media and to shape the future of the communications sector, under the theme South African Media: It’s time for a change.
Opening Address by SACP General Secretary Cde Blade Nzimande at the Media Transformation conference
The idea of this conference emerged after an extensive review within the battle of ideas sub-committee of the SACP Central Committee. The review was further engaged and enriched by the Party’s Central Committee and 3rd Special National Congress held in July.
SACP message of solidarity to the workers during the occasion of the COSATU-led national protest action on the World Day for Decent Work delivered by General Secretary Cde Blade Nzimande
Today the SACP is joining Cosatu, millions of South African workers as well as billions throughout the world in the struggle for decent work. Neo-liberalism globally has targeted rolling back decent work as its basis to increase profitability in recent decades.
Other news stories
- SACP condemns the killing of people in Turkey and expresses solidarity with the oppressed
- SACP responds to Anti-Communist vomiting of the ANC Youth League in KwaZulu-Natal
- Joint COSATU and SACP statement on the Sowetan story "War over Zuma's job erupts"
- SACP dismisses utterances in Sowetan attributed to its General Secretary in the story `ANCYL declares war on Blade`
- SACP Eastern Cape welcomes SIU probe into corruption allegations in the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
- Launch of Red October Campaign
- SACP dips the Red Banner in memory of stalwart, Comrade Reggie Vandeyar
- SACP Eastern Cape PWC Press statement
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.