SACP-COSATU joint statement on the SABC and its board Chairperson
The South African Communist Party and Congress of South African Trade Unions held an ordinary bilateral meeting of their National Officials and Office Bearers respectively on Monday 13 October 2014. Among other pertinent issues the meeting discussed the situation facing the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC).
SACP pledges solidarity with the Kurdish people and calls for decisive action to end the crisis in the Middle-East
The South African Communist Party joins millions of peace-loving people around the world in expressing outrage at the continued passivity of the Turkish government while forces of the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) pursue their genocidal offensive against the Kurdish town of Kobane on the Turkey-Syria border.
SACP Central Committee statement on SABC's black on air - response to SABC
The SACP has noted the response by the SABC to our statement issued on 6 October (below). The SACP reiterates the content of its statement word for word and stands firmly by it. In addition, the response by the SABC is tantamount to admission that it was not absolute interference but strictly incompetence that led to the collapse of the news coverage over the weekend - which was never even corrected since then.
SACP statement on the appointment of the new Reserve Bank Governor
The South African Communist Party congratulates Mr Lesetja Kganyago on his appointment as the Governor of the South African Reserve Bank, to take over from Ms Gill Marcus on 9 November.
Other news stories
- Statement on SABC`s black on air
- SACP Red October Campaign 2014/5 launch statement - Sunday 5 October 2014 as delivered by General Secretary Cde Blade Nzimande
- SACP Gauteng Province congratulates African National Congress (ANC) for a succesful and united 12th Provincial Conference
- Patricia de Lille suffers from acute disorder and De Klerk canít lecture us on Human Rights
- Reject populist, hypocritical and contradictory statement by Wilmot James
- SACP welcomes the SJC report and rejects the backwardness of the City of Cape Town Administration
- SACP-COSATU Provincial Office Bearers hold a successful bilateral
- Statement at the Financial Sector Consultative Forum as delivered by 2nd Deputy General Secretary, Comrade Solly Mapaila
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.