Defeat the parasitic bourgeoisie, the immediate internal threat facing the national democratic revolution; dislodge the chokehold of monopoly capital on our country!
Let me take this opportunity to thank the South African chapter and the Vice President of the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU), also the President of Nehawu, Comrade Mzwandile Makwayiba for holding this Memorial lecture on Comrade Moses Mabhida - uStimela, as Comrade Harry Gwala used to call him. This lecture is part of the activities preceding the truly historic event of the holding of the international congress of the WFTU in Durban, the first ever to be held on African soil. I am also truly humbled for the Honour to be invited to deliver the lecture.
SACP and Cosatu bilateral strategy session statement
The leadership of the South African Communist Party (SACP) and Congress of South African Trade Unions (COSATU) met in a two day bilateral strategy session on Tuesday to Wednesday 20-21 September 2016 in Johannesburg.
SACP EC statement on the persecution of Mr. Andile Fani
The South African Communist Party (SACP) in the Eastern Cape noted with great concern the wildly reported 'disciplinary hearing' against the suspended Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality (BCMM) City Manager, Andile Fani. We view this as a grave injustice in a democratic dispensation, to be found guilty using the court judgement of another case. The court case judgement which is used to persecute Mr. Fani had nothing to do with him but was a court case between the Buffalo City Metro and its service provider, and the judgement is being appealed by the party that was in court.
SACP Mpumalanga Supports SADTU's Protest against Teacher Posts Cuts
The South African Communist Party in Mpumalanga province has noted with concern the decision by the Department of Education to place a moratorium on filling of posts resulting in hundreds of vacancies in the province. This comes against a backdrop of high level of unemployment in the province whilst the country is in need of educators. We believe the struggle waged by SADTU is a just cause in defence of the working class and the poor.
Other news stories
- Roll back monopoly capital, grow jobs and build unity: Unite our communities, the working class and our movement
- Dr Blade Nzimande, SACP GS to address Sactwu National Congress: 22 September 2016, 11am, Cape Town International Convention Centre
- Joint SACP and Cosatu Statement on no fee increment in public colleges and universities for 2017 and violence in our institutions of learning
- Supreme Court of Appeal dismisses unlawfully appointed and illegally serving SABC COO's leave to appeal: SACP calls on the SABC to follow the rule of law
- SACP welcomes the no fee increase announced by government for students from poor and working class households who cannot afford fees and fee increases
- SACP Western Cape Provincial Council Statement
- SACP Free State Provincial Executive Committee statement
- SACP Western Cape, Press Conference on the outcomes of the provincial council
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.