SACP's Joe Slovo remembered, 06 January 2016
SACP congratulates the University of Fort Hare
The South African Communist Party (SACP) congratulates the University of Fort Hare, a public university in Alice, Eastern Cape Province, for reaching the milestone of a Centenary from 1916 to 2016. The University produced many intellectual revolutionaries who became active in our struggle for national liberation and social emancipation. The progressive role it has played goes beyond the borders of South Africa.
The SACP supports meaningful, consensus-seeking engagement between the government and labour to resolve the problem of the new tax laws and put in place comprehensive social security
The South African Communist Party has noted and welcomes President Jacob Zuma`s assignment, as announced on Friday, 5 February, of the Minister in the Presidency for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Comrade Jeff Radebe to assist the National Treasury and the Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) in the discussions relating to the Tax Administration Amendment Act.
SACP Gert Sibande District remembers Juda Komotedi Tsotetsi
31 January 2016 has marked a 10th anniversary of the passing of the late Provincial Secretary of the South African Communist Party in Mpumalanga, Comrade Juda Komotedi Tsotetsi.
Other news stories
- Remember Joe Slovo, deepen people`s power
- SACP Gauteng supports changes in the Provincial Cabinet
- SACP Limpopo Province condemns disruption of Joe Slovo Commemoration by ANC Branch Leaders
- SACP Eastern Cape Special Provincial Executive Committee
- SACP condemns shooting at its meeting resulting in murder and serious injuries
- SACP calls for meaningful, consensus-seeking engagement on the newly promulgated tax laws, and for comprehensive social security!!
- SACP urges students to register and learn
- Students hounded by credit collectors
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.