Advance and deepen our Second, more Radical Phase of Democratic Transition
The SACP Central Committee (CC) met in Kliptown, Soweto over the weekend 22 - 24 August 2014. The CC discussed and contributed to a secretariat political report focused on the important African National Congress (ANC) December 2012 Mangaung National Conference resolution calling for a radical second phase of our democratic transition. The CC also discussed and took resolutions on several contemporary issues - including the serious challenges in the financial sector, the threat of proto-fascist hooliganism to our hard-won democratic advances, and the situation in Gaza, Palestine.
SACP condemns EFF's rascal shenanigans
The South African Communist Party condemns in the strongest terms possible the rascal shenanigans displayed by the EFF in Parliament today. The EFF's rowdy hooliganism indicates that they have no interest in advancing the democratic process in South Africa, and that they are not prepared to abide by Parliamentary procedures and the rule of law.
"Tribute to outstanding religious leader and a true patriot"
The South African Communist Party (SACP) joins the millions of South Africans and peace loving people across the globe in mourning the passing of Bishop David Russell.
SACP supports service delivery march in Grabouw
The South African Communist Party in the Overberg District will join the community march in Grabouw, organised by Grabouw residents on Wednesday, 20 August 2014. Our support for the march by our opposition to any form of the exploitation of the working class.
Other news stories
- SACP Eastern Cape PEC Statement
- The SACP scores a decisive tactical victory for workers against Arcellor Mittal
- SACP Gauteng lodges formal complaint of racism with SAHRC against Arcelor Mittal on behalf of workers
- SACP-COSATU national officials hold bilateral
- Prioritise economic transformation; Do not dare to rename QwaQwa Stadium after Hlaudi Motsoeneng
- People first: Review the current social security biometric system
- SACP calls for investigation into the utterances and conduct of former Constitutional Judge Mr Zak Yacoob
- Joint SACP-FSCC Statement on the African Bank crisis
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.