Press statement in solidarity with dismissed SABC workers
The South African Communist Party (SACP) expresses its sincere solidarity with the SABC workers who have been dismissed following the imposition of a draconian editorial decree by the bosses without regard to due democratic public consultation process: Vuyo Mvoko, contributing editor; Thandeka Qhubule, economics editor; Suna Venter, RSG senior producer; Foeta Krige, RSG executive producer; Lukhanyo Calata, senior parliamentary reporter; Krivani Pillay, SAfm executive producer; Busi Ntuli, special assignment executive producer; Jacques Steenkamp, senior investigative reporter.
Public warning: Identity theft and electoral fraud
The South African Communist Party (SACP) has noted and condemns in the strongest terms possible a fraudulent letter containing a forged signature of our General Secretary Comrade Blade Nzimande and faked characteristics of SACP symbols and letterhead.
SACP welcomes Supreme Court of Appeal order granting leave to appeal against parole for Janusz Walus
The South African Communist Party (SACP) welcomes the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) order granting Justice and Correctional Services Minister Advocate Michael Masutha leave to appeal against parole for Janusz Walus, the cold blooded murderer of our former General Secretary Chris Hani.
Other news stories
- Cde Buti Manamela, the SACP Central Committee member and Deputy Minister in the Presidency is leading a door-to-door campaign and will address mineworkers at Middelburg Mine towards ANC electoral victory on 3 August
- SACP General Secretary Cde Blade Nzimande to conduct a door-to-door camapign tomorrow, 27 June at Poortjie next to Orange Farm in Johannesburg metro working together with ANC Johannesburg metro mayoral candidate Cde Parks Tau
- Thoko Didiza to address residents of Tshwane on the occasion of the SACP's 95th anniversary celebrations
- The South African Communist Party will be celebrating its 95th anniversary
- The SACP Gauteng to unveil its Save the Capital City Campaign
- Cde Blade Nzimande, the SACP General Secretary and ANC NEC member to address SACP Red Forum at CPUT Cape Town Campus as part of intensifying the election campaign towards ANC victory on 3 August local government elections
- SACP Gauteng intensifies its election campaign in the City of Tshwane
- Cde Blade Nzimande's address, SACP General Secretary address to: Popcru Central Executive Committee
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.