SACP Overberg District Congress Declaration
We, the more than 80 Communist militants representing over 15 branches mark a crucial milestone through a successful launch of Overberg District for the first time since the establishment of the SACP in 1921. The 28th September 2014 will be recorded in the revolutionary history of the SACP as the beginning of disciplined militant attack on the exploitative and racist capitalist hegemony in the farms and factories in the Overberg. Overberg District covers Grabouw and Caledon, Harmanus and Cape Agulhus.
Statement on Nazism at North West University Potch Campus
The South African Communist Party in the North West welcomes the independent investigative report on Nazi, racist activities at the North West University (NWU), Potchefstroom Campus, which was established as a whites only, Afrikaner institute of apartheid type at the exclusion and marginalisation of other languages and cultures under the guise of a "Christian institution".
Response by the Minister of Higher Education and Training to the Report of the Independent Investigation Task Team on the Welcoming and Introduction of First Year Students at North West
Following the widely covered incident of the 'Heil Puk' Nazi-style fascist salute that was reported early in the year at student residences at North West University, I wrote to the Chairperson of the Council at the university, Mr P J Van der Walt requesting the university to"institute a thorough investigation on the initiation practices and acts of Fascism and Nazism which seem to exist at the institution under the tacit approval of the university management"and to report within three months. In the letter, I also directed the Council to Section 49A of the Higher Education Act, 1997 (Act No. 101 of 1997), which outlines the conditions for intervention by the Minister.
All out against political killings and lumpen tenderpreneurs
The SACP in Mpumalanga convenes this press briefing on the eve of our picket and a march to the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development and the Office of the National Commissioner of Police respectively.
Other news stories
- Response by the Minister of Higher Education and Training to the Report of the Independent Investigation Task Team on the Welcoming and Introduction of First Year Students at North West
- Is Eugène Terre`Blanche`s home a national heritage?
- District Congress Declaration
- SACP statement on EFF`s hooliganism in Parliament
- SACP is saddened by the deaths and injuries suffered when a building collapsed in Nigeria, and calls for thorough investigation
- "Motion of no confidence", an attempt to hold our country back, and disrupt radical transformation
- SACP Eastern Cape Provincial Council Statement
- Statement of the SACP Western Cape 4th Provincial Council
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.