SACP condemns corruption by private monopoly banking and finance capital, calls for stronger measures in addition to radical transformation
The South African Communist Party condemns in the strongest terms possible, the manipulation of our economy by foreign and local banking and finance monopoly capital, and welcomes the decision of the Competition Commission to refer a case of collusion by foreign and local banks and financial institutions to the Competition Tribunal of South Africa for prosecution. For over 17 years now the SACP has consistently been almost the lone voice, together with its campaign partners, campaigning for the transformation of the banking and financial sector as whole.
SACP Limpopo Special Provincial Executive Committee statement
The SACP Provincial Executive Committee in Limpopo Province held a meeting on 11 February in Polokwane. The Special PEC meeting was held in the wake of the State of the Nation Address delivered by President Jacob Zuma on 9 February. It was also held on the door steps of ANC PEC Lekgotla in Limpopo Province. The ANC PEC Lekgotla always almost precedes the State of the Province Address by the Premier.
SACP Eastern Cape rejects the sensational reporting by the Daily Dispatch
The South African Communist Party (SACP) in the Eastern Cape has noted with great concern the sensational reporting by the Daily Dispatch about the coming African National Congress (ANC) Provincial Conference in the story "EC SACP Dumps Phumulo" in the 06 February 2017 edition.
Post Brian Bunting District Council Statement
The District Council of the SACP in the Brian Bunting District (Cape Town Metro), attended by its branches, units, District Executive Committee and Provincial Executive Committee deployees met in Khayelitsha, 04 February 2017.
Other news stories
- Comrade Solly Mapaila to deliver a keynote input at the memorial lecture on the shared history of the SACP and the ANC reflecting on the revolutionary contribution of OR Tambo and Joe Slovo
- SACP to celebrate 105th Birthday of Rebecca Kotane and the contribution of Mosses Kotane, our former General Secretary to our struggle for liberation and social emancipation
- Post Brian Bunting District Council Statement
- SACP Western to picket against rent seeking parasitic bourgeoisie
- SACP Gauteng congratulates newly appointed Health MEC and calls on her to take extraordinary measures to stop new preventable deaths
- SACP GP commends the ANC Provincial Government for decisive leadership on deaths of psychiatric patients
- SACP statement on the admission of Morocco to the African Union
- Memorial service of the late Comrade Boyce Melitafa
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.