Alliance Political Council statement
The Alliance Political Council, comprising of the national officials of the ANC, SACP, COSATU and SANCO, met from 23 to 24 October 2016. The Alliance Political Council used the opportunity to reflect on the message communicated by our core social base in the 3 August local government elections.
SACP Gauteng welcomes improvements in the resumption of the higher education academic year
The South African Communist Party (SACP) Gauteng Province congratulates the student movement, the SA Students Congress (SASCO), the Progressive Youth Alliance and the Young Communist League (YCL) for leading the resumption of the academic programme in institutions of higher learning.
Statement of the Alliance Secretariat calling on students to return to class
The Alliance Secretariat, comprising of the Secretaries General of the ANC, SACP, COSATU and SANCO met in a regularly scheduled meeting on Friday, 14 October 2016.
SACP condemns personalised attacks and violation of the rights of Comrade Blade Nzimande, our General Secretary and Higher Education and Training Minister
The South African Communist Party condemns in the strongest terms possible the barbaric form of political engagement by rogue elements that manipulated a nude image and purported it to be that of the Minister of Higher Education and Training, Dr Blade Nzimande, our General Secretary. The sexist propaganda has been making rounds in social media platforms - see the Minister's statement below breaking his silence against the human right violation. The trolling, irresponsible and insensitive behaviour is one of the many, co-ordinated personalised attacks directed at Comrade Blade Nzimande, his family and, in the final analysis the Communist Party.
Other news stories
- SACP Northern Cape press conference on Red October Campaign and march
- The SACP Mpumalanga Province invites the media and members of the public to attend a Provincial Red October Campaign rally
- SACP Gauteng and YCL to hold Provincial Seminar on the Right to Learn Campaign
- The SACP pays tribute to Raymond Louw on the occasion of his 90th birthday today for his ongoing activism in the cause of freedom of speech for all in our country and across the world
- SACP statement on the Hawks' charges against the Minister of Finance Comrade Pravin Gordhan
- SACP Western Cape calls on the ANC Southern Cape Regional Secretary to step aside
- "Advance public property rights, defend our state-owned enterprises, fight corruption, rent-seeking and corporate capture": SACP Red October Campaign 2016-2017
- The SACP is calling on workers to join Cosatu's protected national strike today in pursuit of all decent work objectives
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.