SACP Mpumalanga PWC Statement
The SACP in Mpumalanga province convened its provincial working committee meeting on the 21st March 2017 at eMalahleni. The meeting dealt with political developments domestically and globally.
SACP statement on ConCourt judegement on social grants
The South African Communist Party (SACP) notes today's Constitutional Court judgement extending ensuring that social grants will be paid on 1 April. This matter should in the first instance have not reached a point where the Constitutional Court is compelled by circumstances to extend an unlawful contract that was awarded to the Cash Paymaster Services (CPS) in 2012.
SACP condemns the burglary that occurred at the Office of the Chief Justice, calls for decisive action to bring crime at high security areas, and broadly in society, down and eventually to an end!
The SACP is deeply concerned about, and condemns in the strongest terms possible, the burglary that took place at the human resources and facilities unit of the Office of the Chief Justice of the Republic in the early hours of Saturday 18 March. The Office was robbed of 15 computers containing important information about judges and officials, according to a statement made by the Spokesperson of the Judiciary of the Republic, Nathi Mncube.
The SACP is saddened by the death of Joe 'Sdumo' Mafela
The South African Communist Party was shocked and is saddened by the death of Joe 'Sdumo' Mafela, a prominent South African artist, writer, producer, director and musician. Mafela (75) died after a motor vehicle accident in Johannesburg on Saturday night, 18 March. The SACP expresses its sympathy and sends its sincere message of condolences to Mafela's family, colleagues and South Africans at large.
Other news stories
- Cde Dr Blade Nzimande, SACP GS to address OR Tambo memorial lecture tomorrow, Sunday 19 March 2017 at Umlazi Cinema, W Section, KZN.
- SABC teetering on the brink of collapse: A call to the newly appointed interim board to act decisively
- Statement on the appointment of the Hawks head declared irrational, unlawful and invalid
- SACP Limpopo Provincial Executive Committee statement
- SACP Free State Provincial Executive Committee Stamement
- SACP Moses Mabhida Provincial Executive Committee statement
- SACP Moses Kotane Augmented Provincial Executive Committee Declaration
- Poor Communities are facing a disaster in the City of Cape Town
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.