Director's Position Advert
The Chris Hani Institute, an independent NGO set up through a joint initiative of SACP and the COSATU, is looking for a Director. The ideal candidate will have an extensive proven track record of relevant research on socio-economic trends and developments.
- Strategic thinking and leadership of the organisation.
- Fundraising and resource mobilisation;
- Networking with various organisations; and academic Institution
- Building a working class think tank for alternative development models.
- Provide support and where appropriate conduct worker education.
- At least a Master's degree or equivalent experience;
- At least five years leadership and management experience;
- Experience in managing large projects and/or programmes.
This is a challenging position in an institute seeking to provide the space to build Marxism through current experiences and developments. The salary package is negotiable, and will be influenced by educational level and experience.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed CV with three references to the Executive Committee of the Chris Hani Institute:
Physical address: 5th Floor COSATU House, 110 Jorrisen Street (corner Simmonds), Braamfontein
Postal address: PO Box 31837, Johannesburg 2000
For further information please contact Priscilla Magau at 011 339 3040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 30TH November 2015. Only those applicants who have been short-listed will be contacted by the Institute.