SACP Gauteng calls for full investigation of entire security management at the Legislature following "Boko Haram" attack on Legislature
SACP Gauteng calls for a full investigation of the entire security establishment at the Gauteng Legislature. This follows two cases of serious security bridges involving Economic Freedom Fighters' ("Boko Haram") chaotic and anarchic attack of the Legislature.
SACP Gauteng condemns the EFF invasion of the Legislature led by Julius Malema
The SACP in Gauteng is deeply concerned by the insistence of the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) to violate all norms and procedures using highly provocative and illegal actions that poses a threat to our democracy. This follows their invasion of the Gauteng provincial legislature yesterday in which they vandalised property, assaulted people and looted food at the legislature and in parts of the CBD.
SACP Mpumalanga Pledges Solidarity Scholar Transport Operators
The South African Communist Party in Mpumalanga Province pledges solidarity with the SMME scholar transport operators, as they continue to fight against Lumpen-tenderpreneurship in the province. These are the emerging entrepreneurs who need support from our government, rather than being exploited whilst struggling to earn a living. The Department of Public Works, Roads and Transport has for the past 6 years not paid the operators in full.
Exorbitant legal fees at the Marikana Commission
It is now almost two years since the Farlam Commission of Inquiry started its work in October 2012, probing the deaths of 44 people who were killed on and before 16 August 2012 in Marikana, North West Province. The work of the commission was delayed due to frequent stalling, most notably involving disputes on legal fees and other non-substantive factors.
Other news stories
- SACP Mpumalanga Provincial Executive Committee Statement
- Investigate Malaysian Airlines MH-17 crash, bring about justice! Stop Israel`s massacre of Palestinians, end colonisation!
- SACP Brian Bunting District on the Mandela Day
- Thanks to Minister Sisulu: The Lwandle inquiry will uncover the hidden dirt
- The BRICS Bank: Step in the right direction
- Transform the financial sector the serve the people
- SACP condemns Israeli apartheid and atrocities against the Palestinian people
- SABC Board Chairperson: Allegations of falsification of qualifications
|ABOUT THE SACP|
The South African Communist Party was founded in 1921 and has always been in the forefront of the struggle against imperialism and racist domination. The SACP is a partner in the Tripartite Alliance consisting of the African National Congress and the Congress of South African Trade Union. The Youth Wing of the SACP is the Young Communist League.